Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Fishermans Birthday for Calvin.....



Im sooooo happy! I was finally able to use my new stamps from SU! On The Fly!!! I LOVE this set. My husband is a fisherman and so are all the men in my family.......so this set I just HAD to have!! The first card I made with this set......and it's for a man I don't even know! But that is ok with me!! I know that he will appreciate it as much as any of the men in my family would!!! This card is for my dear friend and co-worker Janet. She is such a sweet person and I just love her. She asked me to make a card for her husbands, ex-FIL. He is still very much a part of their lives and is special to them. SO......I was honored that she asked me to make his birthday card. :) She wrote down what she wanted it to say on the inside and I asked her if she wanted any particular theme or colors......And when she said that he loves to fish........ :) Well my face lit up with joy! I was so happy that I could use my new stamps fro SU!

The paper is CS and the stamps and ribbon are from SU! The brads on the corners are from MM. I cut out the fish and adhered him with dimentionals to make him pop off the page. I looked in my SU! Catalog/Idea book for the idea for the card.......The sentiment is from CS unmounted rubber set and reads......"Enjoy each and Every Moment." There is a personal message on the inside that Janet wrote and I typed out on my computer. I hope Janet likes it and Calvin enjoys it! I had alot of fun making it for him! Happy Birthday Calvin. Hope it's a blessed one!!